PDA

View Full Version : Guitar Pro

Cajunmichael
04-28-2011, 12:49 PM
Any one out there use the tab software Guitar pro? I have the free try it out version but wondering if the full version is worth the expense?

Gary W
04-28-2011, 01:00 PM
I have not used the Guitar Pro so I cannot offer any opinion on it.

However, I recently stumbled across a site that might be worth checking out. It is free. You just upload a mp3 and it will figure chords out. I have tried a few things like this out just to see if they were accurate. I haven't found one yet that is 100% correct in all chords. I did try one tricky song on this one (link below) and, while it messed up on a couple of chords, overall it was pretty good.
If you have a reasonable "ear" for hearing chords, I believe this is a handy tool. And, as I said earlier, it is free.
http://chords.fm/online/web/

Cajunmichael
04-28-2011, 01:55 PM
Looks like a cool site, will try it out later. I can get most of a song by ear usually, unless it's in some wild tune down key. It's the little nuances and shifts that give me issues. I normally just add my own..lol

Lmofle
04-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Looks like a cool site, will try it out later. I can get most of a song by ear usually, unless it's in some wild tune down key. It's the little nuances and shifts that give me issues. I normally just add my own..lol

If it is tuned down, throw a capo on to get you to open chords...