PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a song

proudmommaoftwins
08-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Last night at the baseball game, they were playing "Jim Dandy to the Rescue"... my four year old daughter was singing along with it... I didn't even know she knew this song (my husband doesn't even know this song...LOL)... Any ways... was wondering if any one had a copy of this song so I could add to Amanda's MP3 player. Music is so wonderful and I'm so happy that my twins LOVE to sing a variety of music.

Thanks in advance, it's greatly appreciated!!!
Mae

gonecountry22@yahoo.com

sparky
08-01-2011, 04:20 AM
"Jim Dandy to the Rescue"... going your way proudmommaoftwins

proudmommaoftwins
08-01-2011, 04:38 AM
Sparky, thank you for the song! Do you know if there is another version of this song that was a little more maybe up beat? This was the song that was playing before the baseball game but it wasn't that band singing. I was sure if other artists did this song as well.

Thanks again!!
:)

Mae

kennylb
08-01-2011, 12:17 PM
Jim Dandy" (sometimes known as "Jim Dandy to the Rescue") is a song written by Lincoln Chase, and was first recorded by American R&B singer LaVern Baker in 1956. It reached the top of the R&B chart[1] and #17 on the pop charts in the U.S. It was named one of The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll and was ranked #343 on Rolling Stone's 500 Greatest Songs of All Time.[2]

The song is about a man (Jim Dandy) who rescues women from improbable or impossible predicaments.[1] It proved popular enough that Chase wrote a second song for Baker entitled "Jim Dandy Got Married.".[1

The song was covered by southern rock band Black Oak Arkansas. It hit #25 on the pop chart and featured Jim "Dandy" Mangrum and female vocalist Ruby Starr trading off vocals. It was the first single from their 1973 album High on the Hog, Black Oak's most commercially successful album.

Lmofle
08-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Hank Williams Jr also did a version