PDA

View Full Version : Here is a tough one for you all!

Pete Kroli
08-06-2011, 11:27 PM
Way back in the late 50's or early 60's I had a 45 RPM record, the B side was called Here comes the Bride. I am not sure who the artist was for sure, nor what the A side was. I think it was Johnny Burnette, and the A side might have been Big Big World. I have searched all over for Here comes the bride, and as you might expect I keep getting the one they play at weddings! Anybody remember this song? Anyone got this song? I would dearly love to have it again!

Regards,

Pete

Gary W
08-06-2011, 11:56 PM
Pete, I had no luck finding the song. I did find out that the B side of Johnny Burnette - "Big Big World" is "Ballad Of The One Eyed Jacks" which was released on March 30, 1961.

Pete Kroli
08-07-2011, 12:47 AM
yeah Gary! I found that as well! That's what made me say "I think" in the original post.

Pete Kroli
09-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Hey all! Look what I found!

http://thecountryclassics.com/jukebox/music/here-comes-the-bride-by-bobby-austin-is-ready-for-rediscovery

reddevils
09-03-2011, 08:17 PM
Listening to this fantastic traditional old country song and I could hear Carl Butler singing it, I'm sure Carl would have made a great job of it. Keep it Country traditional country.

Best regards reddevils

Gary W
09-04-2011, 03:59 PM
Pete, Way to go!

BTW I checked out the song 'Big Big World' by Johnny Burnette that you mentioned in your first post. I had not heard it before and after I did I added it to my favorites list.