PDA

View Full Version : Quizzes

Gary W
10-15-2011, 03:28 PM
The older members will remember when Mike (2step) used to ask trivia/quiz questions on the old forum. They were always fun to figure out. As a tribute to Mike I am going to see if I can stump you with some quizzes.

Since most things are easy to find through Google, I have worded the quiz in such a way that you can't easily Google up the answer. The song title is in the quiz question..

I will send the mp3 to the first person that gets the singer and song.

Quiz Question #1:

This lady (who was big in the 1980s and 90s) sings about a road in winter. If you walk along the road in the fall you will see the leaves changing color. You will definitely see yellow. You will also see a river and a bog. Who is the singer and what is the song title?

Note: She still performs today.
I will put another quiz after this one is answered.

Lmofle
10-17-2011, 01:21 AM
Autumn's Not That Cold by Lorrie Morgan?

Gary W
10-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Nice try Lmofle, but that's not it.
The song I am looking for is more up tempo.
Notice what I have underlined in my post.

Lmofle
10-17-2011, 07:57 PM
Suzy Bogguss - Yellow River Road

Gary W
10-17-2011, 09:00 PM
Lmofle, well done! It is indeed Yellow River Road by Suzy Bogguss. I figured it would last a bit longer before someone got it. Lol

I will send you the mp3.
The song can be heard in the video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCRahWFkqI

Here is Quiz #2:
This song was first recorded in the 50s by a male singer. A lot of people have covered it but I LOVE a 2008 version by a lady singer the best. Pat yourself on the back if you get this crazy song.
Who is the singer and what is the song title?

sparky
10-17-2011, 09:50 PM
SUZY BOGGUSS: Yellow River Road

Gary W
10-17-2011, 10:25 PM
sparky, Lmofle already got the answer. lol
Read above and you will see Quiz #2.

Pete Kroli
10-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Quiz 2 "Crazy" Leanne Rimes. Originally recorded by Willie Nelson! Big hit for Patsy Cline. Willies version or re-recording became popular later!

Pete Kroli
10-31-2011, 09:40 PM
PS! Written by Willie as well!

Gary W
10-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Hey Pete. I was about to give up on anybody taking a guess. Nice answer but no cigar, lol.
I'll paste the quiz here again so you don't have to scroll up. Also I'll throw in another clue.

Quiz #2:
This song was first recorded in the 50s by a male singer. A lot of people have covered it but I LOVE a 2008 version by a lady singer the best. Pat yourself on the back if you get this crazy song.
Clue: I would Love it if you had gotten it on the 1st try, but I won't think any less of you because you didn't.

woodman
11-01-2011, 01:57 PM
Gary,

How about "I saw Mommy Kissin' Santa Clause" By Jimmy Boyd (1952) and Carnie and Wendy Wilson (2008)?

Woodman

Gary W
11-01-2011, 02:18 PM
Woodman, Nope, lol.
There are clues in the quiz for the song title and the lady singer.
Here it is again:
Quiz #2:
Clue: I would Love it if you had gotten it on the 1st try, but I won't think any less of you because you didn't.

woodman
11-01-2011, 02:54 PM
Ok Gary I think I have it.

Patty Loveless singing Crazy Arms.

Woodman

Gary W
11-01-2011, 05:23 PM
Congratulations Woodman. It is Crazy Arms by Patty Loveless.
You can hear it at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4gsbBDyfvo

If you don't have the mp3, let me know and I'll send it to you.

I'll put Quiz #3 under a separate post.

Gary W