Thread: How Y'all are?

How Y'all are?

New member here, wanted to stop by say hi to all. Was at another site that turned into spammers are us. Trolled around and like this site, seemed kinda empty then I saw the note about the corruption that went on. Hoping to meet some new friends here, share some tunes and advice and good conversation. Feel free to message or add friendship
    As for me and my house, we shall serve the Lord

Gibson The Paul
    Fender CD-CD60NAT
    Fender Strat squire modified

Welcome to the forum Cajunmichael.
    The original forum, that was lost, went back a number of years. Back then the spammers were a problem but they were eventually cleaned out. If the odd one gets through now they are usually spotted and removed in a timely manner.

You will notice there is a little triangle icon that you can use to report any post that is spam (or worse). We moderators are notified and we review the questionable post and take appropriate action.

This new Forum layout is a lot different than the previous layout. This means we moderators are learning how to use it too. I'm an old guy so it takes me longer to learn things now. LOL

Good to have you aboard.
    FORUM MODERATOR

I know bout being old.
    Feel free to call me Cajun or Michael.
    I notice you live where half my ancestors are from, Le Acadians ( Cajun) Nice meet ya.

Gibson The Paul
    Fender CD-CD60NAT

Nice to meet you Cajun,

Here is a very brief bit of history about the Acadians and what happened way back in the 1700s. I don't remember it personally, but a few people think I was around then. lol

The Acadians were French and would not sign an oath of allegiance to Britain who were fighting with the French (France). Some of the Acadians took up arms against the British.
    Some British Governor and a Nova Scotia council ended up forcing the Acadians out of Nova Scotia. Keep in mind there was no Canada back then.

Even the peaceful Acadians were forced out. They ended up going to various places.
    During the second wave they were deported to England and France (from where some Acadians migrated to Louisiana).

From that terrible thing that was done way back then, we now have a wonderful group of folks with their own unique and wonderful culture... dialect, music, etc
    I very much enjoy Cajun music!

PS: I'm not that smart, I had a basic idea but had to refer to wikipedia.

Check this out. I really get a kick out of the gal chording on the guitar. Watch when she gets both feet rocking. I have two fiddles. This makes me want to grab one and try to play along. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlv8P...eature=related
    Last edited by Gary W; 05-01-2011 at 06:33 PM.
    FORUM MODERATOR

Sorry so long in response Just realized you posted back here. Yeah you right we have a world all our own down here. We live it wide open too. I tinker with a fiddle time to time, Friend has one. want to get my own when work comp finally settles. Iff'in you like some Cajun fiddle you gotta see this video. The Original Ragin Cajun Doug Kershaw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSlkehKe0dU&NR=1

Gibson The Paul
    Fender CD-CD60NAT

Hi, Cajun Michael. I'm Deserado from Miramichi New Brunswick. As an add on to Gary's History referrence:
    When les Acadiens retreated form Nova Scotia, they were driven as far North as Miramichi in New Brunswick, to set up a defence on Beaubears Island. Many died there of disease but many survivors moved on to settle in other parts of NewBrunswick's Coastal areas where they spent many years moving about to avoid the British who levelled their settlements time and again. Many eventually moved further north into Quebec but some toughed it out here in New Brunswick and became the backbone labor force of the Lumber and Shipbuilding industry that built the Miramichi and the fishing industry. You truly have a Heritage to be proud of. I love the Cajun (aCadien) music but a displaced Irishman like me can't seem to master the lingo but Hey, It's great to meet ya anyway!
    Thanks & God Bless

Gyles

Hey there! I'm great! I'm a newbie here so it's nice to meet you as well!