Thread: Quiz #39

Quiz #39

These two fellows, from Canada’s largest Island, worked together for 20 years, starting in the 70s.
    One of them passed away in 2010 at 64.

They did a song about the thing that the angel sits at the top of every Dec-25. This song always makes me laugh.

1. What was their stage name?
    2. What is the song?
    FORUM MODERATOR

1. Simani
    2. Ooh Christmas Tree

Maybe not fair for Maritimers to answer this. But I did.
    Phil

Phil, Yes, that is correct. I should have excluded folks from Atlantic Canada, lol.
    This is such a great little song about a guy who has to go out and get the perfect Christmas tree for his wife who is never happy with what he gets. I love the Newfoundland dialect.
    It can be heard at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTQqa...B7430283B8558D
    FORUM MODERATOR

Sorry about that Gary. But I couldn't resist. And of course I have it in my library.

Well, us Australians would never have got that one. Have never even heard of them, but we do follow all sorts of music, both Country and Western?

But I am a big fan of Slim Dusty. Also like Buddy Williams and have some Lee Kernaghan.Also Ernie Ashworth, (he is Aussie , right)?Check out some of the Newfie singers. Lloyd Snow is good, also Dorymen,(but I think they are broken up now). Wilf Carter is from Nova Scotia, also Hank Snow & Anne Murray. Some great talent! (We also have Gary W) ! ! !
    Don't have your email, But I can send you Simani - Music And Friends. Great tune !
    Phil

Hi Phil - no, Ernie Ashworth is not Aussie - he was born in Huntsville, Alabama on 15 December 1928 - good artist, none the less - his 'Talk Back Trembling Lips' was No 1 in the 1963 country charts. Have you heard of Chad Morgan? Check out this website - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chad_Morgan
    Overlooked by a lot of people as an artist - one of country music's colourful characters. I think what you Americans call - a 'hell-raiser'. Chad was born 11 Feb 1933 [now 78] and still entertaining today and still with the same songs.

Yes. I have a few by Chad. Over 100 by Slim Dusty.

bassy9, You might have gotten it after I put in some hints. Phil spoiled that by getting it right away. lol
    FORUM MODERATOR