Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lyrics / song title / artist help - One Step Closer To Where We Want To Be

lyrics / song title / artist help - One Step Closer To Where We Want To Be

Hi I need help with a song. I am not sure who sings it (it could be a group or a duet) I am not sure of the title, I only know a few lines of the song. If someone could please help me with the name of the song and who sings it I would be forever grateful!

Here is what I remember - the main line (and not necessarily in the chorus)

One Step Closer To Where We Want To (wanna) Be

Other lines I remember:
    Kiss you mouth
    in the pouring rain
    and the Heavens sang (came)
    Alleluia (Hallelujah)
    and I close my eyes

If anyone can help I would apreciate it. I tried searching for the last couple weeks, itunes and the internet. I looked up Gloriana, Lady Antebellum, The Band Perry, Heartland, Trick Pony, Sugarland, Thompson Square, Steel Magnolia, and Little Big Town. (Honestly it sounded a lot like Lady A) I listened to numerous songs of each artist but nothing sounded right. I also tried searching their official websites to see if maybe it was a NEW song that just wasn't released yet ... but no luck. So it could be a duet which I have no idea who either artist is, which means I don't know where to start looking. I did however look under Tim McGraw and Faith Hill but that wasn't it either. PLEASE somebody help my mad search ... it is driving me crazy - I usually have no problems finding a song/artist/title. But this one has me stumped. I really need your help - hope you can help. Oh and I have tried listening to the radio as much as possible but I haven't heard the song again, I don't think it is very old - actually think it is newer but I could be wrong. I am almost positive that if it is an older song it would NOT be older than 10 years ago. Thanks for reading my post Cali

Cali, I searched using many combinations of the words you gave and came up empty.
    Do you remember where you heard the song?
    FORUM MODERATOR

I heard it in the morning on our local country radio station. I always listen to the radio in the morning while getting ready for work. So I know it is a country. I too have spent an enormous amount of time on searching and listening to different songs but I can NOT find it anywhere, that is why I decided to ask here hoping someone really liked the song and would recognize it by the little info I have. Thank you for replying and trying to help. I have been driving myself crazy trying to find this song.

What is the radio station name?
    FORUM MODERATOR

The radio station call letters are WTUZ

Any luck? What did you need the radio station for? I have still been searching, nothing. I have not heard the song again, but I do not get to listen to country radio for very long each day, just getting ready for work and on the short drive to and from work & school. Thanks again for your help

No luck so far. I sent an email to WTUZ asking them if they recognize the words and, if so, what is the song and who does it. They haven't replied yet.
    So at this point we are not "one step closer to where we want to be".
    FORUM MODERATOR

Thanks for getting back with me ... have a great weekend!

cali112... I still have not heard back from the radio station.
    FORUM MODERATOR

Ok, thx for the update